We need a writer
Truth. But, please pardon us while we break the fourth wall for a minute.
Over the past year, hundreds of writers have applied. Few have worked out. We think it's only fair, for both of us, that we share why. They:
- Didn't have experience in technology or software. It's a must
- Shared work from topics such as real estate and travel. We need a tech specialist
- Wrote about being a great writer in a dull way. Please, show
- Consider writing for businesses a necessary evil, not a pursuit of passion
Those that have worked out are obsessed with stories about people and technology. They think analytics and tech stacks are fascinating, and see it as their calling to weave in their personal passions like diversity, education, and the environment. They're self-aware and strive for concision and clarity. Above all, they consider writing a lifelong calling, not an eddy in their career path.
If you're more confident in your chances after reading this, let's talk. If not, let's save the conversation until you are.
Who are we?
Find A Way Media is an incubator for top writing talent that masquerades as a content marketing agency. Every day we wake up and ask ourselves how we can be better communicators.
The job parameters
- Onsite in NYC or remote
- Flexible schedule, lots of perks like an unlimited budget for books
- Compensation $60-90k, based upon experience
- Have an impact with a growing company
- Get paid to write, interview, read, and learn
We're early in our growth. The writer we need has genuine experience in digital marketing, sales, business development, or SaaS. You'll need to write as if you are one of our clients and anything short of true authenticity starves the writing of credible details. You must have:
- Experience working at and writing for software companies
- Knowledge of sales and marketing software
- The ability to write clearly
- A sense of humor
Here are a few examples of the articles we write:
- Sleep Deprivation is Making Product Teams Age Faster and Think Slower
- What Exactly are Teams Supposed to do with Intent Data?
- Why Both Marketers And Consumers Love Email
Who are we looking for?
We need an uncommonly talented writer who can find fresh angles on well-tread topics. Alternatively, we're open to hiring an editor with the ability to recruit a team of writers. For either, in your application, please:
- Tell us why you're the one. Applications without a personal statement won't get replies
- Make it punchy. If you can't do this for yourself, what's to make us think you can do it for clients?
- Submit links to relevant work
- Choose a post from our blog and tell us what you'd improve
With the current volume, we can't respond to every application. We only have time for those that:
- Are interesting
- Are concise
- Are written in active voice
- Don't begin with "Hi, I'm applying to the job posting." We know